There are two steps towards obtaining legal representation in your case at the expense of Onondaga County.
- First: The court must assigned an attorney to you. This has already happened based upon your representation to the court that you cannot afford an attorney.
- Second: The Onondaga County Assigned Counsel program must evaluate your objective ability to hire an attorney
through the Financial Application Form. The county must approve and agree with your
representation to the court that you cannot afford an attorney based on the
form and supporting documentation before you are entitled to an attorney at the county expense.
Failure to cooperate with the County Assigned Counsel Program, or a decision that you are ineligible for legal representation because of income or assets means that we don't get paid by the county and have to request the court to award compensation against you directly, so please cooperate.
- Parents Form If you are a parent and the defendant is under 21 at the time of the alleged offense, you must complete the form. Parents Form
- Defendants Form All Defendants must complete and return the Defendant's Form
- All assigned counsel forms must be sent to:
2819 Rt. 11 ste # 4 Lafayette, NY 13084. Forms sent to any other address will be returned unopened.
Contact with Attorney
For a completely confidential and free initial consultation, call us. We can also schedule an appointment for you to come in if you contact our New York firm online.
Bold labels and indicate required information.
The Syracuse Law Group
342 S. Salina Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Map and Directions
108 S. Albany Street
Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: 607-339-8669 Map and Directions
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.